Global Senior Procurement Category Manager (packaging and medical devices) (m/f/d)
Based in Kiel we are looking for a Global Senior Procurement Category Manager (m/f/d). This will be a permanent position.
To ensure all category management related activities (market place investigations, internal demand mapping, stakeholder management, action plan, execution, delivery of procurement projects etc.) are strategized at a global level. To influence local, regional and global stakeholders to align business and procurement strategies.
To lead and be a point of reference for the categories in question for countries to ensure optimization of spend in all geographies.
Categories in scope: Primary Packaging, Secondary packaging and Medical Devices (Direct Materials)
Your main responsibilities
Build in-depth knowledge of supported Divisions, understand their needs
Interact closely with stakeholders both global or local to identify purchasing & business opportunities
Align procurement plan and priorities with the stakeholders
Ensure all stakeholders are well communicated and understood procurement related process and polices and be compliant with them. Report significant deviation to the appropriate management level
Procurement has a seat at the stakeholders’ table to serve as a consulting party by providing spend data, marketplace insights to influence the business in their decision-making process
- Gather spend information to identify areas of improvements opportunities, savings and innovation
- Segment and rationalize the existing supply base
- Analyse risks and establish and implement risk mitigation plan
- Establish Category and Sub-Categories strategy based on marketplace reviews and stakeholder input. Keep the strategy updated according to relevant market trend, demand and business changes / evolutions
- Ensure the operationalisation of the Category Strategy at site level
- Ensure procurement early involvement in projects which may impact the spend category
- Ensure the correct set up of the P2P tool, and clear communication to the sites and relevant functions, to avoid as much as possible human mistakes along the process, such as PO placed by planner is not in line with negotiated price
- Take end to end accountability for P2P optimization (processes, speed to market, transaction efficiency, user experience…) for the categories under responsibility
- Establish relevant reporting to demonstrate the development of category maturity, by showing relevant KPIs. Drive continuous improvement of the category performance
- Develop and maintain a culture of performance in the Procurement function in own area of responsibility, resulting in continuous improvement of costs and customer service level
- Track and report cost savings and cost avoidance according to the savings guideline
Sourcing activities management
- Lead above country sourcing project and if needed participate local sourcing projects led by local procurement colleagues
- Act as a mentor to procurement managers or associates in case of complex negotiations
- Deal with Ferring Sourcing Process (RFx, negotiation, contracting). Link with all internal stakeholders (Finance, Regulatory, QA, QC legal…) to ensure proper supplier selection that is auditable
- Ensure proper contract in place with performance KPIs, SLAs and governance / Performance review included for all key activities, ensuring Ferring’s position is optimized (from a risk, legal, commercial etc. perspective)
- Monitor the life cycle for key contracts and ensure sufficient preparation for negotiation before contract expiring date or renewal date
- Proactively work with suppliers to strengthen business relations (reduce lead times, improve overall supply chain performance, and reduce costs)
- Select with relevant stakeholders the key suppliers we should have an SRM (or similar) program in place. For those suppliers, facilitate follow-up on supplier performance, establish governance model, identify and facilitate progress on defined areas of focus.
- Consider changes in the supplier base to accommodate new needs / performance issues etc.
- To act as a role model / SME to colleagues Segment and rationalize the existing supply base in respective category spend
Required experience & competences
- University level
- 6 to 10 years’ experience in Procurement Category management at above country level
- Ability to represent Ferring's interests to outside professionals and suppliers
- Strong communication, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Decision making ability to purchase goods or services in alignment with the objectives of the supported entities
- Comprehensive understanding of Procurement processes and knowledge of best practices for sourcing, supplier management and procure-to-pay
- Experience in Procurement in a pharmaceutical or medical devices environment is mandatory
- Experience of project management in a complex (multi-cultural / multi-functional) scope
- Interesting and diverse roles in an internationally operating, innovative and owner-managed company
- An open corporate culture and a positive working atmosphere in a collegial team, where we also celebrate our success together
- Challenging tasks and design possibilities in a future-oriented industry
- Performance-related career plans including bonus model
- Attractive social benefits (e.g. 13th salary, holiday pay, allowance for capital formation, company pension scheme, etc.)
- Offers on the topics of health promotion, work-life balance as well as family & work
- Extensive training and development opportunities:
- we develop our employees within the framework of individual programs (e.g. development program for managers and junior managers)
- Possibilities for individual career planning and personal development in an internationally operating environment
- Public traffic company subscription
- Free parking spaces
- Free drinks and fresh fruits
You are interested and would like to know more about this opportunity?
We look forward to receiving your application via Workday.
Please upload all documents (cover letter, resume, references) collected in one document.