Senior Project Manager (m/w/d) - Global Engineering
Based in Kiel, we are currently searching for a
Senior Project Manager- Global Engineering (m/w/d)
Reference number: 2020-06-03
In charge to structure and implement the overall project within agreed strategy, EHS guidelines, cost and timeline, you will be in charge of all aspects of the project including design, construction management, up to Operational Qualification and transfer technical knowledge into Global Manufacturing Network (GMN, our customer). Main point of contact for all technical matters, you will proactively advocates the use of QbD, Lean Engineering and 6 Sigma methodologies.
True leader with a strong technical experience and expertise in the pharma industry, you will manage the project team to safely deliver, on time, to stated quality & budget and to company‘s satisfaction, acting as coordinator between the PM/EPCM company, project vendors and company‘s key stakeholders.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Lead/manage the project up to completion of Operational Qualification including after action reviews
- Managing the engineering & design, procurement, cost control & scheduling as well as EHS and construction management in line with project budget and schedule.
- Managing, monitoring and coordinating all key aspects of the project, including but not limited to cost, value, risk, logistics, neighbour relations, safety, quality, HS&E, and design.
- Undertaking the contract administration according to company’s agreement boilerplates, VOB and German regulations.
- Establishing key relationships with the vendors and company‘s key stakeholders.
Managing, using LEAN construction tools, the construction activities on site in close collaboration with site project team, site management and Global PMO.
- Providing accurate financial reports on time (forecasts, budgets, estimated to complete, fees etc.).
- Managing and developing the team to ensure objectives are met and staff are supported and motivated. Assessing resources availability on a regular basis and bring in additional support when needed.
- Ensuring safe project working practices
- Representing the company in a presentable and professional manner.
- Degree in Chemical / Pharma / Mechanical / (Process) Engineering or equivalent
- Longterm experience (ideally 10+ years) in pharmaceutical/biotechnology with demonstrated project management experience, including design principals and management, construction processes, qualification and validation
- Good knowledge of various types pharmaceutical manufacturing processes/technologies.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to influence and work across organisational boundaries in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to work well as an integral part of a large Project Team but also as a self-starter.
- Experience with validation of pharmaceutical processes according to cGMPs.
- Ideally experience with Lean methodologies and Value Engineering
- Understanding of built environment and the construction lifecycle.
- Sound knowledge of German contract law (BGB, VOB, HOAI), health and safety regulations
- Successful track record of managing contractors and other stakeholders.
- Expertise in managing budgets up to €100m and forecasting expenditure.
- Fluency in German and English
- Good communication skills
- Location in Kiel or willingly to relocate
- Ability to travel (less than 30%) and visit suppliers, headquarter etc.
- An interesting and diverse role in an internationally operating, innovative and owner-managed company with an open corporate culture
- Technically challenging tasks and design possibilities in a future-oriented industry
- In addition to a performance-related career plans, including a bonus model, also attractive social benefits (e.g. 13th salary, holiday pay, allowance for capital formation, company pension scheme, etc.)
- Possibilities for individual career planning and personal development in an internationally operating environment
- Extensive training and development opportunities:
we develop our employees within the framework of individual programs (e.g. development program for managers and junior managers)
- Offers on the topics of health promotion, life balance, family & work, flexible childcare
- NAH.SH Company subscription
- The provision of a modern, well-equipped workplace and a competent introduction to your new tasks
- A good working atmosphere in a collegial team
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
Can you see yourself in our target group and have we awakened your interest?
If you are interested and would like to know more about this opportunity, please apply on our career page and attach your CV in English.